What caused the Teflon Products and Kynar long lead times

Throughout the last year, the market has experienced more difficulties than I have come across around my thirty years experience. In the past I have seen sharp price increases, and I have seen several shortages, and delivery problems as a consequence of material allocations by resin vendors. This is definitely the first time I have seen all these issues at one time.

Polytetraflouroethylene (TFE) and Kynar are both on allocation.

These two resins are in short supply. The  PTFE Sheet suppliers product PTFE (TFE) along with Kynar-PVDF  manufacturing requires a mineral called Fluorspar that's mined in Mongolia and China. The world interest in this mineral has grown significantly, as well as supply has tightened. PTFE materials have high temperature resistance, excellent chemical resistance and extremely low co-efficient of friction (slippery) and is utilised in a good deal of applications from non-stick fry griddles to ptfe tape for personal use. This particular mineral is a crucial raw material within the production of fluoropolymers, fluorolubricants and quite a few refrigerants.This increased demand bundled with general shortage of raw materials is responsible for a dramatic price increase (almost double over the last year), shortages, and we expect both these factors to keep at it in the near future.


Professional Plastic Materials

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

How To Choose The Right Facial Skin Care Product For You

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE GUARANTEED LOAN FOR YOUR BUSINESS

Treatment d'Urgence: Pourquoi Choisir un Plombier à Tanger